The Information We Collect
We may from time to time collect information about you from which you can be identified – including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other information incidental to providing services to you – as well as information that can be reasonably linked to information that identifies you (“Personal Information”). We may collect information from or about you, for example when you:
- Contact us with a comment or question;
- Request copies of publications;
- Subscribe for email newsletters and press releases;
- Seek additional information regarding our services or employment opportunities,
- Submit a resume,
- Contact us for technical support or customer service, or
- Register for conferences and other SL Advisory-sponsored events.
We may also collect information about you from sources including interactions with social media and use of other websites that display our advertisements.
When you use the Site, your device is automatically providing information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means generally includes technical information about your device, such as IP address, Internet service provider (“ISP”) data, device identifier, device type, and operating system version. This may include information and statistics about your interaction with the Site including the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent per page, number of clicks, platform information, location data (if you have enabled access to your location), and other information about how you used the Site.
Automated means of data collection include the following:
- Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access a website on the Site. For example, when you access a SL Advisory website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends when you visit any website. These server logs include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages and pages viewed.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access the Site, including type of device, operating system, settings, and unique device identifiers, and IP address. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. We collect the device type and any other information you choose to provide, such as username, geolocation or email address. We also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software records information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
What We Do With Your Information
Whenever you provide us Personal Information, you agree to SL Advisory using such data to deliver marketing material to your e-mail or physical mail address. If you choose not to receive such marketing material, you may explicitly opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every e-mail we send you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal information collected by SL Advisory is used to:
- Operate and improve our Site, services and offerings available through SL Advisory’s network;
- Personalize the content and advertisements provided to you;
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- Share information with third parties;
- Conduct research about your use of our Site; and
- Help offer you other products and services that may be of interest.
Where required under applicable law, we only process your Personal Information on the basis of a lawful justification for processing. In those cases, the processing of your Personal Information will be justified on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, or as necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests of providing for various services to users of the Site and operating, protecting and improving our business.
Consent To SL Advisory Processing Your Personal Information
SL Advisory Communications
When you contact SL Advisory, we may maintain records of the communication and associated Personal Information relating to the communication to ensure that we can provide you with appropriate service and respond to your inquiries.
You can change your e-mail and contact preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you wish, you can also opt out of receiving promotional e-mails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail we send to you. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from SL Advisory.
Affiliates and Business Transitions
Third-Party Offers and Advertising
The Site may contain advertisements or other links that are targeted to your needs and interests. These advertisements may link directly to third-party websites. SL Advisory has no control over the content or privacy policies of such websites, and therefore we encourage you to review such content and policies prior to submitting any Personal Information to them. We share certain aggregate information, such as demographic information and the number of times users have viewed an advertisement, with our third-party advertisers.
The Site makes use of Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. The Site may also make use of other Google Analytics for Display Advertising features, including Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration.
- You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ads Settings page. You may also prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- If the Site makes use of the Google Analytics for Display Advertising Remarketing feature, SL Advisory will use such Remarketing feature to advertise online and third party vendors, including Google, may show SL Advisory ads on sites across the Internet.
- SL Advisory and third party vendors, including Google, may use first-party Cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party Cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to (a) inform, optimize and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to the Site, and/or (b) report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Site.
- Data from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting may be utilized by SL Advisory to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to the Site, to choose content and advertising to display to you, and for other business purposes that will allow us to better serve you.
Browser “Do Not Track” Signal
We do not honor “Do Not Track” (also known as “DNT”) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by your web browsers. More information about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track signals can be found at http://allaboutdnt.org.
We take special care to protect the safety of children in accordance to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. While our Site is a general audience website, we do not permit children under the age of 13 to register or purchase any products or services. We also do not collect or maintain Personal Information about children under the age of 13.
Cookies and Other Technical Information
Like many organizations, we place a “cookie” (a small data file) on the hard drive of your computer when you first connect to the Site to help us analyze web traffic and improve the content or functions of the Site. The cookie lets us know that you have visited our Site before, and recognizes you so that you can avoid re-entering information each time you visit the Site. The cookie also helps us analyze the use of our Site.
We may use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements on other sites you may visit. To accomplish this, these companies may employ anonymous Cookies and web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs) that allow this Site to collect web log information. A web beacon is a graphic on a web page or in an e-mail message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web log information is gathered when you visit our Site. The web server automatically recognizes some non-Personal Information, such as the date and time you visited our Site, the pages you visited, the website you came from, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name and address of your ISP. We may also include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened. If you do not wish to receive such beacons, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every e-mail we send you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SL Advisory may also work with a third party vendor to analyze users’ browsing patterns on our Site, who may place Cookies on your computer to receive information about your browsing activity on the Site, and help us to provide you with a more personalized experience.
In addition to cookie data, we may also process other technical information about you, including but not limited to: (1) your IP address, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, network and/or service provider, operating system and platform, page response times and download errors; (2) details about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our Site and the products and services you viewed or searched for; and (3) length of visits to certain pages, interaction with elements on the Site and methods used to browse away from the page.
Securing Your Information
SL Advisory understands the utmost importance of protecting the Personal Information that you share with us. As such, we practice a combination of technical, physical and administrative security controls that are designed to safeguard your information against unauthorized use. Your Personal Information will only be used for business purposes and will only be accessible by a limited number of SL Advisory employees and third-party vendors servicing our computer and web services.
At the same time, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information to the best of our ability, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of information you transmit to our Site and over the Internet.
Your data will be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may have a lower data protection level than European countries. In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your data.
Rights Individuals Have or May Have In Relation to Data Processing
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights regarding your personal data pursuant to applicable law. The following rights are generally available to individuals residing in the European Union according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your Personal Information stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your Personal Information;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest or profiling, unless we are able to prove that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to SL Advisory’s address indicated below.
Where you have the right under applicable law, such as in the EEA, you may complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your Personal Information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may request a change in Personal Information that you have provided to us, and we will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is changed from our records. If you would like to change your Personal Information, please contact us by mail a SL Advisory, LLC, 546 Haviland Road, Stamford, CT 06903, or by email at email@example.com.
Right of Access
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may have the right to access your Personal Information that SL Advisory collects about you and to have it amended, updated or deleted, where such information is incorrect, incomplete or outdated.
You may exercise this right at any time by sending a request in writing to:
SL Advisory, LLC, 546 Haviland Road, Stamford, CT 06903 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SL Advisory will answer your request within two (2) months from its receipt, provided that this request is complete, accurate and encloses a stamped envelope with your name and address.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may also object to the processing of your Personal Information. Such objection may, however, inhibit SL Advisory’s ability to provide any requested service.
Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you are entitled once per year to request and obtain certain information regarding SL Advisory’s disclosure, if any, of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with your full name, email address, and postal address in your message. In response to your request, we will provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties with whom SL Advisory does not share the same brand name, if the third party will use it for their direct marketing purposes.
SL Advisory, LLC, 546 Haviland Road, Stamford, CT 06903